Part 1 (breadboard): October 27, 2017
Part 1 (solder): November 3, 2017
Part 2 (breadboard): November 13, 2017
Part 2 (solder): November 17, 2017
About the Project
In this project, you will be making an LED light up, and then you will be making it blink. This project entails:
- Breadboarding the lighting up an LED
- Soldering this
- Breadboarding the LED blinker
- Soldering this as well
For this project, you will need to pick up resistors and capacitors from the OPS Parts Drawer which is above the OPS Kit drawer in the IEEE Lab.
Follow the GIFs on the Google Slides for this project.
Key Things to Note and Pay Attention To:
- The temperature of the iron should be between 600F and 650F.
- Turn off the iron when you leave the station.
- If the green light on the solder iron flashes on and off rapidly, it means the iron is at the set temperature.
- Always turn off the iron whenever you leave the station.
- If you think something is not right, don't try weird things. Ask Natasha, Kyle, or an officer around you!
- Make sure you always turn off the iron whenever you leave the station.
- Clean your workspace when you are finished! It should be cleaner than as you found it.
- "Remember to turn off the iron and clean your area!!!'