Project 1 (Digital Synthesizer)
October 19, 2016
About the Project
In this project, you will be creating a crude "synthesizer," which is capable of producing musical tones depending on the ambient lighting conditions. It does not make the most pleasant sound but it can be pretty amusing to play with!
Key Concepts to Learn:
- Locations of common tools and other lab equipment.
- Proper use of basic tools.
- Interpreting an electronic schematic.
- Prototyping using a breadboard.
- Feeling comfortable working with your new OPS friends!
Things you will need:
- Photoresistors (Light-sensitive resistors)
- Capacitors, various (x3)
- 555 Timer IC
- Solid-core wire and wire strippers
- Battery and plug
You'll need to visit the supply cabinets to pick up some of these parts, as they are not included in your kit.